jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Craig S. Wilson" <cr...@wavefront.net>
Subject Replacement for the While loop, or a way to get it to work?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:50:20 GMT

Hello.  I am new to the list and fairly new to JMeter.

I have been beating my head against the spot in the wall labelled "While
Controller".  I did see one message in the maillist archive which seems
to confirm my experience: the While Controller evaluates the condition
one time and never re-evaluates.  This means you either get into the
loop and never exit, or you never get in.

I have been trying to construct a logical equivalent to the While from
other controllers, but have not been able to get anything to work.

Does anyone have a work-around?  Or a fix for the While?

In a nutshell, what I need to do is:

   upload a file for processing;

   while (processing not complete)
     wait a bit

   check the completion code of the processing;

I would be more than happy to include my entire test plan, if that would
help.

And, is it just me, or do other people get these "Velocity 127 General
Errors" when accessing most of the maillist archives?

Thanks,

--

Craig S. Wilson     craig@wavefront.net