jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1000 concurrent users
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 03:43:24 GMT
I would 100-200 threads per client machine, which means 5-10 client
machines. 1K concurrent load is pretty heafty, so I'm assuming the
server has multiple ethernet ports or using gigabit.

a single 100mbit ethernet port will not be able to handle that kind of load.

peter

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:30:36 -0800 (PST), Ghananeel Gondhali
<rajg22@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to generate a 1000 concurrent user load on an application.
>
> Remote testing currently seems to be the option, but could anyone throw light on how
many load generating machines would be required and what would the best configuration for
the controller / load generators be.