jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help..
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:39:15 GMT
it sounds like you're new to stress testing and performance analysis.
A couple of general notes. to determine if the performance is
sufficient, there should already be a functional specification stating
exactly what is expected.

most likely, you don't have such a document. I would advise looking at
the production traffic and generate some statistics. You want to look
at the average and peak loads and see what the response time is. Once
you know that, you can use the aggregate listener to see the response
averaged over all the requests.

I have a couple of articles, did you read them?

peter