jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacement for the While loop, or a way to get it to work?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:39:08 GMT
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:13:56 -0600, Craig S. Wilson <craig@wavefront.net> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
> > While LAST works OK for me in the following test plan:
>
> I did change my test to use LAST instead of a condition.
>
> I use a JDBC Request with an attached Response Assertion at the bottom
> of the While Controller.  As soon as I get a response that indicates a
> completion on the process, the While Controller terminates.

So far so good...

> Although, I found I had to tell the Response Assertion to Ignore Status,
> otherwise the whole test would stop, not just the While Controller.

Perhaps the JDBC request is not setting the Status correctly?
I've not tried JDBC. The Response Assertion does not try checking the
content of a response if the Status is not "successful" - because it
was designed for HTTP Requests.

Not sure why the whole test would stop - was there an error in the
jmeter.log or the console window?

> And, I wanted the results of the test to be indicated by the process
> completing successfully, not just completing, so I needed another
> Sampler and Assertion after the While Controller.

Yes, that's a limitation of the While Controller when using LAST.
Pity the condition does not seem to work...

> > I can send you the above test plan if you want - and do send me your
> > test plan privately.
> >
> > I'd like to fix these errors - if I can.
>
> I will see about providing access to the server and will send the test
> plan to you.

I probably don't need access to the server.

It should be possible to replace the JDBC Requests with JavaTest
Requests, so long as I have some idea what the JDBC responses look
like, so the Assertions have suitable data to work on.