jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <link> element should be ignored
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:44:49 GMT
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:07:35 -0600, Danny R. Faught
<faught@tejasconsulting.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to set up a load test using JMeter 2.0.2 running on
> Windows XP.  This item in the head section of all the pages on the site
> is causing problems:
>
> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
> href="/blog/index.xml">
>
> I'm not sure what it's supposed to do - it doesn't seem to cause
> browsers to hit the href automatically.  But JMeter does hit it when I
> use an HTTP Request sampler with "Retrieve all embedded resources"
> turned on.  Since that's not what the browsers are doing, it's skewing
> the test results, especially since it pulls down this extra file on
> every page hit.
>
> Anybody know why JMeter thinks this is an embedded resource?

Probably because Jmeter is not taking note of the "rel" attribute -
which is a bug.
AFAIK the same <link> tag is used for external CSS files, which should
be downloaded. These use a different rel attribute.

Jmeter also does not (yet) cache the downloaded resources, so it will
download images every time, which a browser would not do.

So if you want a more accurate test, you should probably switch off
"Retrieve all embedded resources" anyway, and download the extra
resources manually.