jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ghananeel Gondhali <raj...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: 1000 concurrent users
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:05:55 GMT
Hi,

I would need to add variable think times, it might max go to 60 seconds on some pages and
between 10-20 seconds on others.

Question:
Ill need to run some X%, Y% tests, X % users running a particular scenario and Y% running
some other. Now both these scenarios can be grouped together in a single testplan underneath
respective thread groups. How many http requests should we max keep in a testplan, is there
some limitation on that too slowing JMeter down if such tests are run for longer time.

regards,
Raj

Bryan Segale <bryan@powertest.com> wrote:
I understand that 1000 users with no user think time would be resourse
intensive. What if you added a user think time of 30-60 seconds in between
page requests? Would this allow you to get 1000 users of out less boxes.

This is true with most of the commercial load testing tools.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:43 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: 1000 concurrent users

I would 100-200 threads per client machine, which means 5-10 client
machines. 1K concurrent load is pretty heafty, so I'm assuming the
server has multiple ethernet ports or using gigabit.

a single 100mbit ethernet port will not be able to handle that kind of load.

peter

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:30:36 -0800 (PST), Ghananeel Gondhali
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to generate a 1000 concurrent user load on an application.
>
> Remote testing currently seems to be the option, but could anyone throw
light on how many load generating machines would be required and what would
the best configuration for the controller / load generators be.