jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Kannan V" <ammas_kan...@mail.com>
Subject Using the Proxy Server
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:55:53 GMT
Hello:

  I am new to jmeter (using ver 1.9) and trying to load test our web application. I was trying
to use the Proxy server to generate the frame work of my test plan. As described in the user
manual, I created a test plan and a thread group and below that i added a Recording Controller.
I also added a Simple Data Writer Listener. Then in the WorkBench I added the HTTP Proxy server
from Non Test Elements and give the port as 8080. Then I changed the browser proxy:port to
localhost:8080. Then I clicked "Start" in the HTTP Proxy Server and then took a new browser
instance and browsed thru my web application. After sometime, i clicked "Stop" in HTTP Proxy
Server. But nothing is seen recorded under the "Recording Contoller". Am i missed something
? Also, where to set the properties "Target Controller and Grouping" of HTTP Proxy Server
as described in the user manual? These are not seen in the HTTP Server Dialog Box.

thanks and regards,

-- Kannan.