jmeter-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Deepa Rangarajan" <deepa...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter and retrieving HTML embedded sources
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:19:04 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to run load test using Jmeter 2.0.1 on Solaris with 512 MB . It 
seems to work
fine if I do not enable the "Retrieve embedded sources".
HEAP = 512MB
NEW=128 MB
with Incremnetal GC turned on

But If I enable "Retrieve embedded sources", so that
I can take into account the image downloading time too, I see full GC 
kicking in
too often and hence I am not able to see good numbers.
   Pls. let me know if you have any ideas to solve this issue.

Thks,
-Deepa

>From: "Niket Redkar" <niketr@dishatech.com>
>Reply-To: "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>To: "'JMeter Users List'" 
><jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>,<mstover1@apache.org>
>Subject: RE: HTTPS / Certificate issue ...
>Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:05:28 +0530
>
>It worked !!! I had to create a certificate in the name of the web server
>and had to install it on the client machine. After this browser does not 
>pop
>up certificate dialog and more importantly JMeter does not give error for
>the HTTPS page !!!
>
>Thanks Michael for solution !!!
>
>- Niket
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Niket Redkar [mailto:niketr@dishatech.com]
>Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 5:28 PM
>To: 'JMeter Users List'; mstover1@apache.org
>Subject: RE: HTTPS / Certificate issue ...
>
>
>Thanks for the info Michael. The certificate is indeed expired. I am 
>working
>with the developers to get a valid certificate.
>
>By workaround I mean that I can execute the script in two steps in JMeter
>2.0.1 but can not do so in JMeter 2.0.2. In 2.0.1 when I execute the script
>for the first time I get error for the page which uses HTTPS. When I 
>execute
>the script again in the same session of JMeter, I do not get any error.
>While in JMeter 2.0.2 it keeps on asking me to provide "password of the
>keystore".
>
>Some more info is as follows:
>Users get redirected to the HTTPS page that I am talking about when they
>brows to an HTTP page. i.e. http://abc/xyz.htm -> https://abc/xyz.htm
>
>When I execute the script in JMeter 2.0.1, I get a "Non HTTP response" for
>first execution. The response data is something like:
>
>***********************************************************************
>java.io.IOException: HTTPS hostname wrong:  should be <Name of our test
>server>
>	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.checkURLSpoofing(Unknown
>Source)
>	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown
>Source)
>	at
>sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknow
>n Source)
>	at
>com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.connec
>t(Unknown Source)
>	at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
>467)
>	at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.followRedirects(HTTPSamp
>ler.java:635)
>	at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
>558)
>	at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBa
>se.java:585)
>	at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBa
>se.java:573)
>	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:254)
>	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>*************************************************************************
>
>When I execute the same script in JMeter 2.0.2, I get a pop up asking for
>"keystore password" and when I provide <blank> as password I get "Non HTTP
>response" error something similar to:
>
>****************************************************************************
>java.io.IOException: HTTPS hostname wrong: should be   at
>sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.checkURLSpoofing(Unknown Source) at
>sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source) at
>sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknow
>n Source) at
>com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.connec
>t(Unknown Source) at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
>464) at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.followRedirects(HTTPSamp
>ler.java:632) at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
>555) at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBa
>se.java:590) at
>org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBa
>se.java:578) at
>org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:260) at
>java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>**********************************************************************
>
>Please suggest if only installing a valid certificate should solve this
>problem.
>
>Thanks,
>Niket
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Michael Stover [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
>Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 7:09 AM
>To: JMeter Users List
>Subject: Re: HTTPS / Certificate issue ...
>
>I think the cause of this is usually an expired certificate.  For some
>reason, though JMeter is set up to automatically accept any cert,
>expired ones give this problem.
>
>I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the workaround" worked in 2.0.1
>but not 2.0.2.  What workaround?
>
>-Mike
>
>On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 10:05, Niket Redkar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The website that I am testing uses a HTTPS connection only for login 
>page.
> > When I execute any script for the first time, it fails for this page. 
>The
> > response that I get is "non-HTTP response". But when I re-execute the
>script
> > in the same session of JMeter, the script does not give any error. I
> > understand that this could be a certificate issue.
> >
> > I tried looking into "JMeter.Properties" file but due to unavailability 
>of
> > documentation I could not understand which setting needs to be modified
>and
> > to what values.
> >
> > Please point me to some URL where I can find the required info or please
> > help me in tackling this.
> >
> > Please note that the workaround that I mentioned above works only for
>JMeter
> > 2.0.1. I think the above work around do not work with JMeter 2.0.2.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Niket
> >
>--
>Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org>
>Apache Software Foundation
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses and
>dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
>believed to be clean.
>
>
>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses and
>dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
>believed to be clean.
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses and
>dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
>believed to be clean.
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message