jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Kumar" <santosh_ku...@idealake.com>
Subject RE: JMeter and SSL = slow
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:37:20 GMT
Hello Thomas

I am sure that there is something wrong with the configuration. Can u send me the seetings
which is enabled by u then i would be in comfort position to tell you where the bottelneck
is??

SantoshK

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Thomas Keller [mailto:thomas.keller@inatec.com]
	Sent: Fri 2/4/2005 5:00 PM
	To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
	Subject: JMeter and SSL = slow

	Hello!

	I'm working with JMeter 2.0.2 (JDK 1.5.0) to create a test case for
	our ssl app to test the work load.
	SSL is configured on the server with mod_ssl using a self-signed
	certificate which works flawlessly in any browser. Since JMeter needs
	a PKCS12 certificate to be able to talk to an SSL server I created
	this one out of my original certificate/key with

	$ openssl pkcs12 -export -in xxxxxx.com.cert -inkey \
	devi90.inatec.com.key-insecure -name "xxxxxx.com Test certificate" \
	-out xxxxxx.com.p12

	and imported it into JMeter via SSL Key Manager.

	Now, JMeter makes SSL requests and gets valid responses, but each
	request takes between 5 to 10 seconds, while a normal http request
	took under a second before. A SSL request in any browser is also
	done within a couple of milliseconds.

	Am I doing something wrong or have I'm forgotten to configure something?

	Thanks for your replies.

	--
	Best regards | Mit freundlichen Grüßen
	        Thomas Keller.

	inatec solutions GmbH, Public Key 0x94A5F429