jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle McAbee" <k.mca...@treev.com>
Subject RE: Can Jmeter assert response message shown in pop-up window?
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:31:39 GMT
Dear Avian and JMeter Users:

This is a judgement call. I record sequences of HTTP requests with Badboy, including pop-up
windows. After exporting the Badboy script to a JMeter test plan, I write assertions against
all HTTP responses, including pop-up windows. If you want your test plan to prove that the
pop-up window returned or displayed is the correct pop-up window, you will have to record
the pop-up window and write an assertion against it.

If you want only to simulate the user choice on the pop-up window, you can figure out what
the HTTP request would be for that choice and add an HTTP Request element to do that.

A JMeter test plan imitates the series of HTTP requests that could occur when using a web
browser. But JMeter is not a web browser. It does not generate new HTTP requests based on
user interaction. It only replays recorded HTTP requests. I try to keep this distinction in
mind while developing test plans. This helps me. Your mileage may vary.

Other opinions?

Sincerely yours,

Kyle