jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle McAbee" <k.mca...@treev.com>
Subject RE: can Jmeter assert response message shown in pop-up window?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:27:09 GMT
Dear JMeter Users, Sebb, and Avian:

I write Response Assertion elements to test pop-up windows for one of our products. So it
is possible, as Sebb writes. Our pop-up windows are displayed via JavaScript. As Sebb also
writes, the target string to be matched must exist in an HTTP response. If you can see the
string in the returned response, you can definitely write a regular expression to match it.

Sincerely yours,

Kyle

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 1:42 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: can Jmeter assert response message shown in pop-up window?

Depends on how the pop-up window is generated.

If it is done by JavaScript in one of the pages that JMeter loads,
then it might be possible to scan the HTML to find the appropriate
section of the script and extract enough information to determine the
contents of the pop-up.

JMeter does not currently interpret JavaScript.

S.