jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Liao, Avian" <al...@enporion.com>
Subject RE: can Jmeter assert response message shown in pop-up window?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:32:17 GMT
Hi, Kyle and all Jmeter Users,

I run my script, and in my response data, I saw the JavaScript code:

function Confirm() {
flag=window.confirm("Are you sure you wish to empty your shopping cart?");
if (flag) {
	document.cartForm.task.value = 'Empty cart';
	document.cartForm.submit();
	}

and as you all know, there is only "Are you sure you wish to empty your shopping cart?" plus
"Yes" and "no" buttons on the pop-up window. My problem is that I don't know how to assert
the response page. Do I need to record this pop-up window in order to assert it?

Avian

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle McAbee [mailto:k.mcabee@treev.com]
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 4:27 PM
To: JMeter Users List; sebb
Subject: RE: can Jmeter assert response message shown in pop-up window?

Dear JMeter Users, Sebb, and Avian:

I write Response Assertion elements to test pop-up windows for one of our products. So it
is possible, as Sebb writes. Our pop-up windows are displayed via JavaScript. As Sebb also
writes, the target string to be matched must exist in an HTTP response. If you can see the
string in the returned response, you can definitely write a regular expression to match it.

Sincerely yours,

Kyle