jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Keller <thomas.kel...@inatec.com>
Subject JMeter and SSL = slow
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:30:02 GMT

Hello!

I'm working with JMeter 2.0.2 (JDK 1.5.0) to create a test case for
our ssl app to test the work load.
SSL is configured on the server with mod_ssl using a self-signed
certificate which works flawlessly in any browser. Since JMeter needs
a PKCS12 certificate to be able to talk to an SSL server I created
this one out of my original certificate/key with

$ openssl pkcs12 -export -in xxxxxx.com.cert -inkey \
devi90.inatec.com.key-insecure -name "xxxxxx.com Test certificate" \
-out xxxxxx.com.p12

and imported it into JMeter via SSL Key Manager.

Now, JMeter makes SSL requests and gets valid responses, but each
request takes between 5 to 10 seconds, while a normal http request
took under a second before. A SSL request in any browser is also
done within a couple of milliseconds.

Am I doing something wrong or have I'm forgotten to configure something?

Thanks for your replies.

--
Best regards | Mit freundlichen Grüßen
	Thomas Keller.

inatec solutions GmbH, Public Key 0x94A5F429