jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spline visualiser for FTP Request scenario
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:54:08 GMT
the spline visualizer works best with lots of samples from my
experience. The graph results like wise was designed to handle tests
with a large number of samples.

keep in mind many of these graphs are designed for stress testing and
not ideal for showing results of a functional test. There's a new
distribution graph in the nightly build, which you might want to try.
I don't know if it is what you're looking for.

from your description it's hard to figure out if your goal is
functional or stress testing.

peter

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:07:20 +1100, David Schulberg
<dschulberg@redrock.com.au> wrote:
> Ran up the FTP request scenario (User Guide Chap 8) and I have some problems with the
results. I have 3 listeners - Spline Visualizer, View Results Tree and Graph Results. 8 FTP
requests are made on each test run.
> 1. The Spline Visualizer doesn't work first time (I assume because I need a minimum of
10 samples?) and when it does draw the written results shown don't correlate with the numbers
from the View Results Tree. The Minimum was correct and the Incoming which I assume to be
the last request result did match, but the Maximum and Average did not. I ran another test
and the results did improve overall in that the Maximum was now correct but the Average still
was not.
> 2. The Graph Results are drawn with a very long x axis dimension so that the results
are crammed into a miserly fraction of the graphing area and are therefore not viewable in
a useful way.