jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jMeter and Tapestry application
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:33:51 GMT
I'm guessing Tapestry writes the request parameter into a URL in a
fashion other than the old standard of

 url?name=value&name=value&name=value.

Maybe something like
url/name/value/name/value/name/value or some such?

If that's the case, you can still work with the function syntax to
create your urls:

url/name/${value1}/name/${value2}/name/${value3)

And then you'll have to define those parameters elsewhere in the test
plan, as normal.

It's not as handy as the argument table, but should still be possible.

If this is the case, you might also write up a feature request to have
JMeter form urls in this alternate fashions from the argument table
parameters.

As usual, hoping I made some sense...

-Mike

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 15:14, Jer_57 (Cox) wrote:
> It's my understanding (and I haven't verified this yet) that tapestry
> uses dynamic URLs.  jmeter normally works with static URLs by default?
>
> jer
>
> Peter Lin wrote:
> > it's just a HTTP request right, so there shouldn't be any problems,
> > unless tapestry uses applets.  I don' t know tapestry, so you'll have
> > to just try it out.
> >
> > peter
> >

> > On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 13:09:16 -0700, Jer_57 (Cox) <jer_57@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Just a quick question for all those using jmeter.  Has anyone used
> >>jmeter to test a jakarta Tapestry application?  If so, what types of
> >>problems have you run into?  The developers I work with are talking
> >>about switching from struts to tapestry and I am wondering what the
> >>impact is on using jmeter.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Windows has detected that your mouse has moved, please wait while
> >>Windows reboots for your changes to take effect.
> >>
> >>This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.

Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation