jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Kiran" <ki...@cambilsoftware.com>
Subject RE: "Retrieve all embedded Resources from HTML Files" checkbox ...
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:30:05 GMT
Hi, So u mean its good to be this check box checked while running a test
to get more realtime results.?.I have a doubt. In the document it is
saying that there is no point in requesting  images while running
test.We can exclude images. But which is better..Including images or
excluding images?
Regards kiran

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Charles Huey [mailto:stephenhuey@fastmail.fm]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 9:32 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: "Retrieve all embedded Resources from HTML Files" checkbox

I would assume that if you don't check that box and you request a
particular page, then that's all you'll get.  However, if you do check
it and that page references any stylesheets (.css files), images,
JavaScript files, or applets, then JMeter will attempt to download the
bytes for all of those as well (so the time it takes to do this will
increase, and you will probably get more of an idea how long it takes to
download a page that would normally pull all that extra stuff with it
when viewing it in a typical web browser).