jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bartlett, Sarah" <bartl...@ctc.com>
Subject RE: Question about ssl and proxy server
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:49:06 GMT
Yes, that helps immensely.  Thanks to you and to Michael Stover for the help.  It is much appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 8:47 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Question about ssl and proxy server

hehe, I'll try to explain this a bit.

The intent of the accesslog sampler is to take the access log from a
production environment and paste it into jmeter/bin directory.

then in the AccesslogSampler, you simply point to the local copy of
the access log. The log should be in the common log format, which most
webservers support. one of these days I plan to write a parser for
extended log format.

I hope that helps

peter

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:41:38 -0500, Bartlett, Sarah <bartlets@ctc.com> wrote:
> Hey, thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately it is the logfile part that is not so self
explanatory to me.  Is that the path to the access log on the server or the log for the test
that's run after Jmeter parses the access log?  I guess I haven't really comprehended how
the sampler gets at the access log.

trying to figure out what to do.  Is there other documentation besides the stuff in the help
menu/users guide?

 Has this been changed in the latest release?  I couldn't find anything in the docs and I
notice that there aren't very many questions about it anymore.