jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Useful little tool
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:54:08 GMT
that's funny. a network sniffer.

there are open source network sniffers out there, so it's not
necessary to buy one. Though that one looks reasonably priced and has
a nice gui. you can add a link on jmeter's wiki if you like.

others may find it useful.

peter

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:42:45 -0500, Martin Adamec <madamec@xybion.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have an application under test that is not using any web browser as a
> client. Anyhow our custom made client communicates with application server
> tier via Apache/Tomcat. I found very difficult to use Badboy to see what's
> going on from the Client tier perspective.
>
> So, I was searching for some tool that captures HTTP communication "from
> outside" and I found lately a little tool that is just perfect for what I
> needed. It shows outgoing HTTP requests and incoming HTTP responses and can
> help you analyze them.
>
> The name of tool is EffeTech HTTP Sniffer. It is available for free trial
> for 15 days and that you can have it just for peanuts ($29.95 for
> non-commercial or $49.95 for commercial use). So, for 50 bucks it's all
> yours. It is definitely worth those money, at least for me. Check it out at:
> http://www.effetech.com/
>
> Note: I am not connected to nor asked to do any advertisement for EffeTech.
> I just did not find any remark about it in JMeter mailing list archive and I
> am sure that there are people who can benefit out of using something like
> this little tool. Take it as I am just giving something useful back to the
> JMeter community.
>
> You all have a nice day!
>
> Martin

> This email, and any attachments, contains confidential and privileged information intended
for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative
of the recipient, do not read or distribute the contents of this email and delete it from
your system. This email and all attachments have been scanned for viruses and are believed
to be virus free. However, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that they are virus
free. Xybion does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way
from use of this email and attachments. Xybion also does not accept responsibility for personal
email or email not associated with its business purposes.