jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter and HttpUnit
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:49:01 GMT
On Wed,  8 Dec 2004 23:18:31 -0200, danilo@floripa.com.br
<danilo@floripa.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I used to work with HttpUnit on my application and it works very well to test
> my  projects.
>   Now I need to load test a web application, so I am looking at JMeter.
>   The bigger problem is it do not support processing of dynamic (JavaScript)
> pages. My application use this a lot, so it is impossible use JMeter now.

It's not impossible.

JMeter can still be used to test such pages, it's just that you have
to do a bit more work to set up the test.

>   But I know HttpUnit works very well with my javascripts.
>
>   So I think I can use HttpUnit inside JMeter to make it work.
>   I was reading the JMeter manuals and I should create a HttpUnitSampler.
>
>   This is correct ? Anyone has a advice of how I should create this sampler (and
> if what I need is a sampler at all) ?

An HttpUnit sampler might well be very useful.

Another approach is to use the Proxy to record the Test Plan, and then
amend that accordingly.

Or use the Access Log Sampler.