jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anand Khare <spark...@gmail.com>
Subject New to JMETER
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:48:46 GMT
Hi all,

I  am Anand. This is my first mail.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all "A VERY HAPPY DIWALI".

I know basics of JAVA but do not have any experience in development.

Our company is in Web based project development(Japanese and/or
English GUI). Our management has decided to use JMETER for our future
projects and currently I am assigned to explore the JMETER
functionality.This is the first time when I am using any automation
tool for testing.

Currently I am facing following problem:

My current web based application has one Add INFORMATION page. (Fields
on the page: ID (Number),

Name1(Character), Name2(Alphanumeric))
1) I want to automat the ADD process using JMETER ( in this case
duplicate ID is not allowed) ID,

Name1 and Name2 are mandatory fields.
2) I want to use Name1 and Name2 values from the sets of values
provided by the customer.
3) And want to use same ID sent/provided by the server.

Example:

On click of ADD button,
ADD INFORMATION page will be displayed with ID = xxx (Non-editable)
and Name1 and Name2 Fields BLANK.

On click of Save button,
ID(which is xxx), Name1, Name2 information is posted to server.

Can anybody tell me how can I do the same?

Looking forward for reply.

Thanks and regards,

Anand :)

--
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.