jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Coret Bob" <b.co...@pinkroccade.com>
Subject jmeter hardware requirements
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:16:15 GMT
Hi all,

I was googling on the hardware requirements for Jmeter, but only found questions (see below).
Does anybody know (from experience) what the hardware requirements are (for a reliable, realistic
performance test)?

Ragards,
Bob

* From: rainer_bohnert
* Subject: jmeter hardware requirements
* Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:23:04 -0700

hi there,

we are considering jmeter as a load testing tool for a web application. is there any formula
to calculate the hardware requirements for running
jmeter?

something like: no of concurrent threads X no of http requests/s per thread = such a hardware
configuration to produce reliable results ?

is there any experience of the hardware configuration of jmeter running on windows/nt simulating
up to 100 parallel threads testing the performance of a web-site ?

any help welcome, thank you

rainer