jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Freeman, Michael" <Michael.Free...@sabre-holdings.com>
Subject RE: Remote testing isssue
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:29:40 GMT
Have successfully used the JMeter client to run 3 remote Jmeter servers with quite a large
load. Just used the "hold_samples" to avoid the network traffic.

Also submitted a patch for batch testing a while ago. If its still in bugzilla it might be
worth a look.

Regards

Michael Freeman

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 November 2004 16:23
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Remote testing isssue

I'm not sure it's advisable to use a single JMeter client instance to
run 7 remote servers.

The client - and the network - may well be swamped by the response data.

With the current JMeter architecture, it's far better to run multiple
independent non-GUI tests and combine the result files for further
analysis.

==

I presume the 7th node does not work on its own? The server log files
should show the Jmeter version and JVM version. Are these the same for
all nodes? What about the installation directory - spaces are a no-no.

S.