jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Laverge" <aerost...@hotmail.com>
Subject Getting Started : My Java Request does not show up in combobox
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:24:41 GMT

Hello,

I am trying to building a Simple Java Request to send JMS messages to an
application. I read the JMeter user documents, the FAQ and  now searching
this Mailling list. I still cannot see my AbstractJavaSamplerClient Class
into the Java Request Combo box. I did follow the document JMeter Extension
Scenario (7.0 Install your extension) by setting the search_paths property.

My class compile all right. I did a jar and drop it under the Ď/lib/extí
folder (like in the doc).

Is there issues with the classpath or with the search_paths property ?

Is there something more to do then implementing the JavaSamplerClient
interface or I have to edit the GuiTest.jmx ?

Thank you

PS : Please donít tell me to look a SleepTest sample.

//--------- Sample Java Request

public class HvSampler extends AbstractJavaSamplerClient
{

	static private Arguments _arguments;
	static
	{
		_arguments = new Arguments();
		_arguments.addArgument("myArg1",",myValue1");
		_arguments.addArgument("myArg2",",myValue2");
	}

	public Arguments getDefaultParameters()
	{
		return _arguments;
	}
	public void setupTest(JavaSamplerContext context)
	{
		System.out.println("inside setUp");

	}

	public SampleResult runTest(JavaSamplerContext context)
	{
		System.out.println("inside runTest");
		printContext(context);
		try
		{
			Thread.sleep(2000);
		}
		catch (InterruptedException e){	e.printStackTrace();}
		return getSampleResult();
	}

	public void teardownTest(JavaSamplerContext context)
	{
		System.out.println("inside teadDown");
	}
	private SampleResult getSampleResult()
	{
		SampleResult r = new SampleResult();
		r.setSuccessful(true);
		r.setResponseMessage("coucou");
		return r;
	}
	private void printContext(JavaSamplerContext ctx)
	{
		Iterator iterator = ctx.getParameterNamesIterator();
		System.out.println("SamplerContext :");
		while (iterator.hasNext())
		{
			String  name= (String) iterator.next();