jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle McAbee" <k.mca...@treev.com>
Subject RE: decoding the value of a variable -- javascript?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:54:33 GMT
Dear Joe:

Try putting single quotes around the variable name.

Right for __javaScript: '${pk}'.substring
Wrong for __javaScript: ${pk}'.substring

Sincerely yours,

Kyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Casadonte, Joe [mailto:JCasadonte@glog.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 11:32 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: decoding the value of a variable -- javascript?

I have a regular expression extractor that grabs a PK value for me, and
stores it in ${pk}.  Sometimes this value has a space in it, which is
encoded (e.g. "HELLO%2BWORLD").  When I send the value back, I need to send
it back decoded (e.g. "HELLO WORLD").  I've been fooling around with the
__javaScript function all morning and I can't figure out how to get it to
work on the value of a jmeter variable.  Is this possible?

This works:

   ${__javaScript(('HELLO%2BWORL'.replace('%2B'\, ' ')),xpk)}

but this does not:

   ${__javaScript((${pk}.replace('%2B'\, ' ')),xpk)}

Nor has any variation on it that I can think of.  Is there a way to send the
value of a jmeter variable through a javascript function?  Or is there some
other method of transforming a string that would work?  Thanks as always for
the help!

--
Regards,

joe