jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Xie, Shawn Y." <s...@Covad.COM>
Subject RE: Creating MM/DD/YYYY date string
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:29:53 GMT
Dear friends,

The MM/DD/YYYY has completely solved with the help of Sebb, Neil, and
Kyle. I'd like to share my experience with others:

1. using javaScript function:
${__javaScript(var d=new Date(); var date=d.getDate(); var
month=d.getMonth()+1; $DATE=(month<10?"0"+month:month) + "/" +
(date<10?"0"+date:date) + "/" + d.getFullYear();,DATE)}

Thus __javaScript() allows multiple lines of code as long as they are
separated by ";"

2. or using BeanShell
${__BeanShell(new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy").format(new
Date()))}

I downloaded bsh-2.0b2.jar from http://www.beanshell.org/download.html,
put it in JMeter/lib, then restarted JMeter, and it works.

3. The trailing white space that bugged me turns out came from the end
of line of javaScript function. i.e., the following code will return a
value with trailing white spaces ("|" is used to indicate the bound of
the line.
|${__javaScript(blabla)}  |

On the other hand, this will not (and is desired):
|${__javaScript(blabla)}|

So be careful, JMeter is not syntax free. (Might need to be improved in
the future releases).

Thanks for all of your help.

-Shawn Xie