jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Xie, Shawn Y." <s...@Covad.COM>
Subject RE: createing MM/DD/YYYY date string
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 00:06:19 GMT
Sebb,
	Thanks for your reply. I knew I can pass the date string to
JMeter but what I want to achieve is to dynamically generate it. I am
already very close to get what I want, but just those tail white spaces
give me trouble. I think this might be a bug of the javaScript function
at JMeter. If the function does not add undesired white spaces or if it
can make a trim before return, it would be ok.

Regards,

-Shawn Xie

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 3:41 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: createing MM/DD/YYYY date string

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:46:58 -0800, Xie, Shawn Y. <sxie@covad.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> In my functional test plan, I need to assert a page contains today's
date string as MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. 01/02/2004 for Jan 2, 2004) or not.  I
tried to use JMeter javascript function to dynamically generate the date
string. It seems JMeter javascript cannot run multiple lines of code
(Please confirm this), I finally end up at an ugly, but close to work
solution by defining a variable name as 'today' and value part as:

> ${__javaScript((((new Date().getMonth()+1)<10)?('0'+new
Date().getMonth()+1):(new Date().getMonth()+1))+"/"+(new
Date().getDate()<10?('0'+new Date().getDate()):new
Date().getDate())+"/"+(new Date().getYear()+1900),)}

> I said "close to work" as above code does return MM/DD/YYYY as
expected but it somehow always appends with 3 white spaces at the end of
it. These white spaces prevents me from using ${today} in the assertion
as in the page the date has no space following it.

> What I need your help are:
> 1. Is there a elegant way to generate MM/DD/YYYY in JMeter?
> 2. How to trim the white spaces at an javascript return (again in
JMeter)?

I don't know JavaScript, so can't help you with that solution.

However you could pass in the date string as a property on the
command-line when starting JMeter. This might be easy to do on your OS
- or it might not ...

e.g.  start JMeter using:

jmeter -Jtoday=mmddyyyy

then refer to ${today} in the assertion.