jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Krahe, Chris" <Chris.Kr...@aquilent.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Proxy Server problem.... [bcc][faked-from]
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:22:38 GMT
Andrew-

You must alter your test after recording it.  Assuming the ID's you need
are in the returned HTML, use a regular expression to extract them,
store them in a JMeter variable, and use them in a later request.

The alternative is restoring your database after each series of tests.

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew M [mailto:andrew@jibeya.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 7:36 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: HTTP Proxy Server problem.... [bcc][faked-from]

Hi,
I have just started to use Jmeter and find it a very useful tool,
particularly the proxy server facility which records steps taken when I
navigate through my site.

My site is a dynamic one, so using the proxy server option records the
values generated by my database etc. The problem I have is that when you
then run a test it uses for example, the unique ID that was created when
I saved a record to a table. Running the test then tries to use a key
which already exists thus throwing a duplicate key error. My question
is, how do I set the proxy server facility to record my movements
through the site but when running a test not to use the recorded values
but to use values generated as the test navigates through the site?

regards

Andrew