jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Krahe, Chris" <Chris.Kr...@aquilent.com>
Subject RE: Should gif and jpeg be part of scripts? [bcc][faked-from]
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:08:56 GMT
Consider whether your users have their browsers configured to cache
images.  Your intuition or even access.log should tell you that.  Then
configure your test plan appropriately.

chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 6:13 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Should gif and jpeg be part of scripts? [bcc][faked-from]

that depends on your production environment. getting the images is
bandwidth intensive. it doesn't really test the application. sites with
performance requirements tend to put the images on a separate server, so
testing without getting the images is valid.

does that help answer the question?

peter

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 03:03:02 -0800 (PST), Shankar s
<shankar_test@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> We usually test the performance of any application skipping the gif,
jpeg and swf files in the script(you can consider this scenario in
whatever tool you use).

> For one of the application we tested, we found that inclusion of these
files makes the reponse time increase considerably.

> Kindly let me know what is the general practice? Are these gif, jpeg
and swf files excluded are included in the scripts and what is the
impact you have experienced?