jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrew M <and...@jibeya.com>
Subject HTTP Proxy Server problem....
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:36:22 GMT
Hi,
I have just started to use Jmeter and find it a very useful tool,
particularly the proxy server facility which records steps taken when I
navigate through my site.

My site is a dynamic one, so using the proxy server option records the
values generated by my database etc. The problem I have is that when
you then run a test it uses for example, the unique ID that was created
when I saved a record to a table. Running the test then tries to use a
key which already exists thus throwing a duplicate key error. My
question is, how do I set the proxy server facility to record my
movements through the site but when running a test not to use the
recorded values but to use values generated as the test navigates
through the site?

regards

Andrew