jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tom Ford <tf...@srdnet.com>
Subject Re: Sending XML content using the HTTP Request sampler
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:50:54 GMT
Hi Martin,

Did you try de-selecting the 'Include Equals' check box after the
'Value' field?

Thomas Ford.

Martin Adamec wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I am trying to find the way how it is possible to send plain XML content
>wrapped in the HTTP request.
>
>I want to use JMeter 2.0.1 as a tool for performance testing of our
>application. There is a C++ custom made thin client communicating with
>server tier (Java servlets running within Apache/Tomcat) over HTTP sending
>POST requests containing XML code. The response contains also XML code.
>
>Our java server logs as well as Apache access.log show that the
>communication was established, but the server (our one) responds -"Invalid
>request string". This is because of the way I try too squeeze XML code into
>the HTTP sampler. I copied the content of XML message into the 'Value' field
>of the HTTP parameter having no name defined for this parameter. What it
>does is that the string has '=' as a very first character (because there is
>no name for the parameter defined) and what I would like it does is that
>there is only plain XML code sent along without any leading character.
>
>I already experimented with SOAP/XML-RPC Request, but it did not work. Maybe
>I just use it wrong way.
>
>Can anyone help me with some advise?
>
>Thank you in advance.

>This email, and any attachments, contains confidential and privileged information intended
for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative
of the recipient, do not read or distribute the contents of this email and delete it from
your system. This email and all attachments have been scanned for viruses and are believed
to be virus free. However, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that they are virus
free. Xybion does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way
from use of this email and attachments. Xybion also does not accept responsibility for personal
email or email not associated with its business purposes.