jmeter-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anders Haal <>
Subject Response getting lost
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:00:42 GMT
Trying to use jmeter to do load simulation and response time measuring. 
The problem I have was discovered when I need  to pickup returned data 
from the server response and use it into the next request.  Being new to 
jmeter I did not understand the inbuilt recording mechanism in jmeter. 
Instead I used ethereal to record my session.
The request in question is POST with Name Value pairs.
So I created a Http Request sampler (also tried the Http Request 
HttpClient sampler) with my recorded request and then created a Post 
Processor regular expression extractor. The problem was I was not 
getting any hits on the regular expression that I expected from the 
recording done in ethereal. After testing the limits of my regular 
expression knowledge, I save I could get hits on other stuff changing 
the regular expression. To debug what was going on I added both
“functional test mode” on the testplan and for each http request a “Save
response to file” post processor and a “simple data writer” listener. 
What I discovered was that none of the stuff I was looking to match on 
was in the result. It looked that I was missing a lot of expected 
response. In the result from the “Save response file” listener I had 
strings like “invoked "break" outside of a loop” in the html files 
stored. Running my script and using ethereal recording I could see I got 
a "HTTP/1.1 302 Found" reply sending my POST requests instead of the 
expected. Maybe my HTTP knowledge is to limited but a 302, according to 
the spec talk about “The requested resource resides temporarily under a 
different URI” and I real do not know what I should do or what it would 
mean in this context.
Cooki manager is enabled.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message