jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anders Haal <anders.h...@ingby.com>
Subject Response getting lost
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:00:42 GMT
Trying to use jmeter to do load simulation and response time measuring.
The problem I have was discovered when I need  to pickup returned data
from the server response and use it into the next request.  Being new to
jmeter I did not understand the inbuilt recording mechanism in jmeter.
Instead I used ethereal to record my session.
The request in question is POST with Name Value pairs.
So I created a Http Request sampler (also tried the Http Request
HttpClient sampler) with my recorded request and then created a Post
Processor regular expression extractor. The problem was I was not
getting any hits on the regular expression that I expected from the
recording done in ethereal. After testing the limits of my regular
expression knowledge, I save I could get hits on other stuff changing
the regular expression. To debug what was going on I added both
“functional test mode” on the testplan and for each http request a “Save
response to file” post processor and a “simple data writer” listener.
What I discovered was that none of the stuff I was looking to match on
was in the result. It looked that I was missing a lot of expected
response. In the result from the “Save response file” listener I had
strings like “invoked "break" outside of a loop” in the html files
stored. Running my script and using ethereal recording I could see I got
a "HTTP/1.1 302 Found" reply sending my POST requests instead of the
expected. Maybe my HTTP knowledge is to limited but a 302, according to
the spec talk about “The requested resource resides temporarily under a
different URI” and I real do not know what I should do or what it would
mean in this context.
Cooki manager is enabled.
-Anders