jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Rancati <iranc...@sharpmind.de>
Subject Character encoding in jmeter-server
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:12:37 GMT
I have a question about how http streams are encoded when using the -s
(server) option

I have 1 Tomcat app which is returning html data, and data for one
particular request contains the German city name "Würzburg" **
In my response assertion, I have that the text must contain "Würzburg"

All this is working in the 2 following scenario ***
a) jmeter in client mode, Tomcat on same machine
b) jmeter in client mode on machine A, Tomcat on machine B

The assertion breaks in this scenario

c) jmeter controller on machine A, tomcat on machine A, remote jmeter
server on machine B
On the View Results Tree controller, the words with umlauts appear
correctly.
If I go to machine B and issue a wget command for the problem url, I
also get correct umlauts, so I was wondering if there was a known issue
with encoding when using jmeter in server mode.

Any ideas how I could debug this further?

thanks,
Ivan

** in case some mail client does not show it properly: 2nd character
U+00FC LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS, UTF-8: 0xC3 0xBC

*** All the machines are Linux boxes, where LANG=en_US.UTF-8