jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should gif and jpeg be part of scripts?
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:13:15 GMT
that depends on your production environment. getting the images is
bandwidth intensive. it doesn't really test the application. sites
with performance requirements tend to put the images on a separate
server, so testing without getting the images is valid.

does that help answer the question?

peter

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 03:03:02 -0800 (PST), Shankar s
<shankar_test@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> We usually test the performance of any application skipping the gif, jpeg and swf files
in the script(you can consider this scenario in whatever tool you use).

> For one of the application we tested, we found that inclusion of these files makes the
reponse time increase considerably.

> Kindly let me know what is the general practice? Are these gif, jpeg and swf files excluded
are included in the scripts and what is the impact you have experienced?