jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Properties not evaluated in Filename: values?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:30:32 GMT
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:26:14 -0700, Paul Leclerc <pleclerc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently using:
> jmeter.JMeter: Version 2.0.1
> jmeter.JMeter: java.version=1.4.2_04
> Running on Windows Server 2003
>
> I'm trying to make my tests save the data from "View Results in Table"
> to a dynamic filename passed in the commandline.  If I manually set
> the filename for "Write All Data to a File" to a static filename in
> the GUI, it does write out the data.  If I set it to a property, i.e.
> ${__property(results,,d:/results.csv)}, nothing gets written out.
>
> I looked in the jmeter.log and see that the property IS picked up:
> 2004/11/08 13:19:13 INFO  - jmeter.JMeter: Setting JMeter property:
> results=d:/res1.csv
>
> This doesn't seem to affect other "filename" related entries like the
> "Location of log file" in the Tomcat Access Log Sampler.  That works
> correctly.
>
> I've tried changing the pathname separators (/ vs \) but am stuck. I
> searched the Jmeter FAQ and mailing list and didn't see anything. Is
> this a known issue?  Am I doing something wrong?

This is a known restriction - JMeter opens the log files before the
test has been fully set up, and variables are not resolved at that
point.

See bug 25207.

You can use the -l command-line flag to create a (single) log file
with a variable name, for example

jmeter -t test.jmx -l testyyyymmdd.jtl [-n]

As far as I know this works with GUI as well as non-GUI tests.