jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Header Manager
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:22:18 GMT
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:14:02 +0100, Coret Bob <b.coret@pinkroccade.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to force my proxy server to fetch the pages from the webserver instead of the
cache. This can be achieved by adding the header "Cache-control: no-cache".

> Do I have to add this header to all HTTP requests (in the Browser-derived headers element)
or do I just add one extra HTTP Header Manager within the Thread Group? In the latter case:
will this header value be added to all requests or will it override the headers of the HTTP
requests?

At present, if more than one Header Manager is in scope, there is no
control over which one is used, so yes, you will need to add it to all
the existing Browser-derived Header Managers. Unfortunately fixing
this is non-trivial. See bug 31503.

> BTW, is it a know bug that you can't delete headers? The Delete button is always disabled
in the HTTP Header Manager.

There is a work-round - just add a new row, and the delete button is
then enabled.
But I've now fixed it in CVS (2.0 branch) so that the Delete/Save
buttons are enabled.