jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: createing MM/DD/YYYY date string
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:41:00 GMT
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:46:58 -0800, Xie, Shawn Y. <sxie@covad.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> In my functional test plan, I need to assert a page contains today's date string as MM/DD/YYYY
(e.g. 01/02/2004 for Jan 2, 2004) or not.  I tried to use JMeter javascript function to dynamically
generate the date string. It seems JMeter javascript cannot run multiple lines of code (Please
confirm this), I finally end up at an ugly, but close to work solution by defining a variable
name as 'today' and value part as:

> ${__javaScript((((new Date().getMonth()+1)<10)?('0'+new Date().getMonth()+1):(new
Date().getMonth()+1))+"/"+(new Date().getDate()<10?('0'+new Date().getDate()):new Date().getDate())+"/"+(new
Date().getYear()+1900),)}

> I said "close to work" as above code does return MM/DD/YYYY as expected but it somehow
always appends with 3 white spaces at the end of it. These white spaces prevents me from using
${today} in the assertion as in the page the date has no space following it.

> What I need your help are:
> 1. Is there a elegant way to generate MM/DD/YYYY in JMeter?
> 2. How to trim the white spaces at an javascript return (again in JMeter)?

I don't know JavaScript, so can't help you with that solution.

However you could pass in the date string as a property on the
command-line when starting JMeter. This might be easy to do on your OS
- or it might not ...

e.g.  start JMeter using:

jmeter -Jtoday=mmddyyyy

then refer to ${today} in the assertion.