jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Craig Palmer" <Craig.Pal...@peace.com>
Subject RE: SSL problem
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:03:37 GMT
You need a security certificate to access that particular secure site.
This is part of the ssl layer in the JVM. The following are some
instructions to do this.

1. Go to your SECURE site which you are trying to access.
2. Click on the lock icon at the right corner(I am assuming you are
using IE).
3. Go to "Certification Path" tab and select the leaf node certificate
i.e. the bottom most in the hierarchy
4. Click on Details tab and click on "Copy to File..."
5. Select the default options for "Export to file format" dialog box.
6. On next page specify the .cer file name lets say xyz the file it will
generate would be xyz.cer.
7. Run the following keytool command to generate xyzcacerts.

 keytool -import -keystore xyzcacerts -alias xyz -file xyz.cer

8. To run application, provide javax.net.ssl.trustStore=./xyzcacerts as
a variable to jvm using java -Djavax.net......
 or set in the code by calling the System.setProperty(..) or
 rename the xyzcacerts to jssecacerts and put in
 (java.home)"c:\Program File\java\j2re1.4.2\lib\security"

where c:\Program File\java\j2re1.4.2\ is the location of your jre. I've
only tried the third strategy of generating the jssecacerts file.

Craig.