jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Martinez de Pinillos, Joaquin" <jmartinezdepinil...@anteon.com>
Subject RE: Large File Size
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:04:20 GMT
Here is what I get in the command window when I run it from the command
line:

Exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested 33554448 bytes for
promotion. Out of swap space?

Any suggestions?

Joaquin J. Martinez de Pinillos
Anteon Corporation
(o) 703 253 3425
(f)  703 253 3690
(m) 703 980 8827

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Stover [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 4:49 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: RE: Large File Size

No info in the logs?  That sounds suspicious.  Have you tried starting
JMeter within a command prompt (rather than double-clicking jmeter from
a file manager).  If the jvm quits like that, you'd normally see some
sort of error message at least dumped to the console.

Also, there can be some confusion about where JMeter logs.  It can be
either in jmeter's /bin directory, or in your user home directory.

-Mike

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 15:53, Martinez de Pinillos, Joaquin wrote:
> I mean the JMeter application shuts down with no information being
> provided in the logs.
>
> Joaquin J. Martinez de Pinillos
> Anteon Corporation
> (o) 703 253 3425
> (f)  703 253 3690
> (m) 703 980 8827

Even
> > if JMeter could handle 10 threads within a single instance, anything
> > more than 2 concurrent threads is going to seriously slow down the
> > network I/O.
> >
> > in this particular case, I'm gonna say the best option is to use
> > several client machines to test and only use 2-3 threads per jmeter
> > instance. depending on the network, 25mb file is gonna takes a
minute
> > or longer.
> >
> > I hope that helps
> >
> > peter
> >

> > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:59:55 -0400, Martinez de Pinillos, Joaquin
> > <jmartinezdepinillos@anteon.com> wrote:
> > >   I am new to JMeter but I think I have a problem which I have
seen
> > > couple of posts on but no resolution.  I am running JMeter and I
am
> > > trying to run multiple threads.  In my web page I am attaching
> files.
> > >
> > > If I use small file sizes say 1 to 2 MB everything runs fine.  I
can
> > run
> > > multiple threads no problems.  However when I try and attach a
large
> > > file say 25 MB JMeter can only handle 2 maybe 3 threads.  I have
> > looked
> > > at my memory settings and they are set to 256 MB.  My PC has 512
MB.
> > > think this is a memory issue but I am not sure how to solve it.
Any
> > > help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Joaquin J. Martinez de Pinillos
> > >
> > > Anteon Corporation
> > >
> > > (o) 703 253 3425
> > >
> > > (f)  703 253 3690