jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ed Randall <Ed.Rand...@WallStreetSystems.com>
Subject RE: Want to see stats on bandwidth / page sizes
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:04:25 GMT
It has just taken me approx 30 minutes to get the source, configure eclipse,

and quickly hack through the code to find TableDataModel, I added an extra
column to it et voila!  I have a nice table with all of the numbers
for the requests.  Then another 30 mins to do the necessary to attach
the patch diff and write this message!

I guess it's not exactly the nicest way to do it but it was quick and it
worked :-)
It would be more flexible if addNewSample simply added the SampleResult
given by addSample
then the model would have full access to everything, the panel containing
the
table could then have a load of tick boxes for "what do you want to show".

Cheers

Ed

$ diff -C2 -w TableDataModel.java TableDataModel2.java
*** TableDataModel.java Thu Feb 12 19:48:46 2004
--- TableDataModel2.java        Fri Sep 10 15:02:57 2004
***************
*** 46,49 ****
--- 46,50 ----

      List urlList = new ArrayList();
+     List respSizeList = new ArrayList();

      /**
***************
*** 69,72 ****
--- 70,74 ----
          super.clear();
          urlList.clear();
+         respSizeList.clear();
      }

***************
*** 85,93 ****
          long timeStamp,
          boolean success,
!         String url)
      {
          Sample s = super.addNewSample(time, timeStamp, success);

          urlList.add(url);
          return s;
      }
--- 87,97 ----
          long timeStamp,
          boolean success,
!         String url,
!         long respSize)
      {
          Sample s = super.addNewSample(time, timeStamp, success);

          urlList.add(url);
+         respSizeList.add(new Long(respSize));
          return s;
      }
***************
*** 96,100 ****
      {
          Sample s = addNewSample(e.getTime(), e.getTimeStamp(),
e.isSuccessful(),
!                 (String) e.getSampleLabel());

          fireDataChanged();
--- 100,104 ----
      {
          Sample s = addNewSample(e.getTime(), e.getTimeStamp(),
e.isSuccessful(),
!                 (String) e.getSampleLabel(), e.getResponseData().length);

          fireDataChanged();
***************
*** 112,116 ****
      {
          // We have two columns : sampleNo and sampleValue
!         return 4;
      }

--- 116,120 ----
      {
          // We have 5 columns
!         return 5;
      }

***************
*** 131,134 ****
--- 135,141 ----
              return JMeterUtils.getResString("Success?");

+         case 4:
+             return "Response size";
+
          default:
              return null;
***************
*** 154,157 ****
--- 161,168 ----
              return Boolean.class;
          }
+         else if (columnIndex == 4)
+         {
+             return Long.class;
+         }
          else
          {
***************
*** 198,201 ****
--- 209,219 ----
              }
          }
+         else if (columnIndex == 4)
+             if ((rowIndex >= 0) && (rowIndex < respSizeList.size()))
+                 return (Long)respSizeList.get(rowIndex);
          return null;
      }