jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Goodwin <JGood...@uamail.albany.edu>
Subject RE: Running as a server
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:28:42 GMT
We have successfully utilized JMeter to test our PeopleSoft ERP system.  We
developed several complex scripts and controlled their execution through one
client (running on Windows XP) and several jmeter servers running on our
unix servers.

We simply relied on the documentation provided with Jmeter to install,
configure and run the JMeter servers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Widhelm [mailto:cwidhelm@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 6:48 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Running as a server

We currently have a server that constantly tests our code and site.
We would like to incorporate JMeter into this testing infrastructure.
The only thing is the amount of tests that we want to run and the
frequency we want to run them, combined with the overhead of starting
the JMeter server is prohibitive.

Is there any documentation that will point me in the direction of
starting JMeter as a server component and how to interact with it?
Maybe even wrapping it in a servlet or a web service?

Has anyone already done this?

Is there a piece of doco or a particular section in the code that
would be a good place to get started?

Thanks,

Chris