jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Tseitlin, Gary" <Gary.Tseit...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Problem
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:08:13 GMT
Hello Michael,
Yes you are right and I did try to attach timer to step 2. But here is
problem, the more we load system in our test, the more delay we have.
That's why I am asking if I can do some sort of while loop in step 3
saying wait until that data (created in step 2) arrives, then do step 4.
Is that possible at all
Thank you
Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Stover [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, 3 September 2004 11:53 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Problem

I'm not sure I understand, but I'll take a stab.  Are you saying you
have to do a series of steps like:

1. login
2. submit a request that creates some data (or something)
3. Login as someone else
4. Approve the data created in step 2.

?
And clearly, steps #3-4 cannot happen until step #2 finishes, and maybe
there's some asynchronous processing going on?

If there's no asynch processing, it's simple enough - a test plan that
puts the above steps in order should work.  Otherwise, you are looking
at some sort of delay timer that you need to attach to step #3 so that
JMeter waits some amount of time before proceeding.  Have you read about
the timers in the docs?

Let me know if I've got it all wrong :-)

-Mike

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 05:42, Tseitlin, Gary wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I need to script situation, when through web service we doing some
> workflow type business.
>
> I need to create request, then login with someone else and approve it.
> My problem is, script is time based, but when we have heavy load, I am
> missing request.
> Is that possible to right script based on something like when request
> gets there do something
>
> Thank you in advance
> Gary

Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org>