jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bartlett, Sarah" <bartl...@ctc.com>
Subject RE: Regular Expression Extractor not identifying the match
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:05:01 GMT
One thing I do to debug these things is add a View Results Tree listener to monitor what is
coming back.  You can view the html from the previous sample to see if the value you are looking
for is in fact there.  Sometimes there may be an error in a previous sample that would prevent
the value from being set.

-----Original Message-----
From: Senthil Subbiah [mailto:ssubbiah@ketera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 2:41 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Regular Expression Extractor not identifying the match

I have added a Regular Expression Extractor after a sampler

The sampler has a form value
Value="g00001"
And I want to match this value to send as a part of the next request.

And in the Regular Expression Extractor, I have added the following

Name : Regular Expression Extractor
Reference Name : _mid
Regular Expression : [a-z]00*[0-9]
Template : $1$
Match No. : 0
Default value :

In the next request, I have given
Mid=${_mid}

But when I run the script, the mid param value is not sent.

Is this correct?
I am not sure with the usage of Regular Expression Extractor.
But when I try to search the text with the regular expression....i am
able to find the match.
So please suggest me how to use regular expression extractor.

-senthil