jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Geoff <mina...@sprynet.com>
Subject Documentation for JMeter and Apache Logs
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:35:34 GMT
Thanks to the JMeter development team for creating such a great product.

I needed to run some tests to see how different hardware would handle the
existing load on a particular web server. The best way for me to do this was
to use Apache log files as the source material for the test. I couldn't find
any documentation on how to do this with JMeter so I wrote some up along
with some general tips for using JMeter that I picked up in the process.

Included is a Perl script that reads an Apache access log file and generates
a JMeter test plan. The URL is:

	http://minaret.biz/tips/jmeter.html

Best,

Geoff