jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Szabo Viktor <...@aitia.ai>
Subject Using Mailer Visualizer with multiple pages inspected
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:19:02 GMT
Hi JMeter users!

I'm new on the list, so if this have been already discussed, then please
lead me to
the place I can find the answers! ;)
Yes, I've RTFM, and tried to find in the archives as well, without
success... ;]]

So, I'm stuck with building a site inspector plan.
We're running a website, where the user needs to log on, and afterwards can
browse through a number of pages, which are chosen with a page name
specified
in a variable stored in the url with get method.
The behaviour I'd like to achive, is having the site inspected, if
either the login page,
the login process, or any of the pages fail, and having notified in
email with the
errorneous page specified, if happens so.
I'm using the following structure:

- Test Plan
 - Thread Group (loops forever)
  - User Defined Variables
  - HTTP Request Defaults
  - HTTP Cookie Manager (user auth. is stored via cookies)
  - HTTP Request (login data is passed)
   - Constant Timer (for preventing server flood)
  - HTTP Request (first page is accessed)
   - Response Assertion (have we received an error message? - negative flag)
   - Response Assertion (have we received a correctly structured page?) ^1
  - HTTP Request (second page is accessed)
   - Response Assertion (have we received an error message? - negative flag)
   - Response Assertion (have we received a correctly structured page?) ^1
  - View Results in Table

(^1 - our error page has the same structure as other pages, so we need
to test for both
structure and error message)

I've tried a number of ways locating the Mailer Visualizer, but none of
them resulted the
behaviour I've been looking for. (For example, when I put a MV below all
HTTP Requests,
and one of the pages fails, I get flooded with messages "page one
fails", "page two is ok".
(Tried putting MV next to the View Results in Table node, or having the
requests embedded
in each other, but neither worked)

So, the question is: Is it possible having JMeter done what I needed, or
not?
Am I dumb not seeing the point? ;)

Thank you in advance,
sid

(BTW, first I tried using a structure with having the pages specified in
user variables like
PAGE_1 = firstpageid, PAGE_2 = secondpageid, and so on, and using one
HTTP Request
inserted in a Foreach loop with PAGE used as loop variable. Might've
been prettier, but made
no success with the notification...)