jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Large File Size
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:06:02 GMT
wow, that is a huge file.  I've had test plans that were 10mb+ in the
past, but I've never had a test plan that attached a 25mb file.  Even
if JMeter could handle 10 threads within a single instance, anything
more than 2 concurrent threads is going to seriously slow down the
network I/O.

in this particular case, I'm gonna say the best option is to use
several client machines to test and only use 2-3 threads per jmeter
instance. depending on the network, 25mb file is gonna takes a minute
or longer.

I hope that helps

peter