jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with interpreting results....
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:09:30 GMT
AverageTime - this is the actual average as in Sum(samples)/count
minTime - is the shortest time recorded
maxtime - is the longest response time recorded

if you want to get a visual idea of what the performance is like, you
can add the new distribution graph and open the log file containing
the results.  Since I wrote the distribution graph, I'm biased.

the distribution graph will show you the 50% and 90% line, which to me
is more useful than max, min and average. The response times tend to
clump, so the distribution graph gives you that picture.

peter

http://cvs.apache.org/~woolfel/distribution_graph_capture2.png