jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recording requests
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:40:25 GMT
I think you posted the question a week or two back. Unfortunately, if
the network you're on is blocking traffic, there's nothing you can do.
Well besides begging the system administrators to open up the firewall
a little for your talk.

Your other option is to use a wireless service like wifi or some other
form and bypass the school's firewall all together. Do this at your
own risk though, since sys admins don't like it when people do that.
In fact they usually get all bent out of shape.

you're other option is to setup a webserver locally on the same
network and try recording your test plan that way. You must be able to
access some internal website right?  Is it feasible to use that for
demonstration purposes. I hope that helps.

peter

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:15:47 +1000, David Schulberg
<dschulberg@redrock.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wish to use JMeter as a tool to demonstrate performance testing to students at a university.
Unfortunately the HTTP Proxy Server configuration to record a use case isn't possible because
the browser proxy settings are locked down by the system administrators. Is there some other
way I can easily capture my HTTP requests?