jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recording requests
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:33:57 GMT
I suppose there's no point suggesting that you try installing a
different browser?

[The fact that the existing browser is locked down suggests not, on
the other hand, it seems you can install JMeter...]

S.
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 07:40:25 -0500, Peter Lin <woolfel@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you posted the question a week or two back. Unfortunately, if
> the network you're on is blocking traffic, there's nothing you can do.
> Well besides begging the system administrators to open up the firewall
> a little for your talk.
>
> Your other option is to use a wireless service like wifi or some other
> form and bypass the school's firewall all together. Do this at your
> own risk though, since sys admins don't like it when people do that.
> In fact they usually get all bent out of shape.
>
> you're other option is to setup a webserver locally on the same
> network and try recording your test plan that way. You must be able to
> access some internal website right?  Is it feasible to use that for
> demonstration purposes. I hope that helps.
>
> peter
>
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:15:47 +1000, David Schulberg
>

> <dschulberg@redrock.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I wish to use JMeter as a tool to demonstrate performance testing to students at
a university. Unfortunately the HTTP Proxy Server configuration to record a use case isn't
possible because the browser proxy settings are locked down by the system administrators.
Is there some other way I can easily capture my HTTP requests?