jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter test plan set up
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:25:56 GMT
There isn't currently a way to increase the total number of threads in
a thread group once a test has started.

You could use 10 thread groups and run them consecutively, but that
would mean duplicating the test elements in each thread group.

Or start 100 threads, but add a startup delay that depends on the
thread number mod 10, which should be possible using the JavaScript
function.

Another way is to start 100 threads, and include a Throughput
Controller. The throughput value could be retrieved using
${__P(tput)}, you can then use the beanshell server to set the value
of the tput property remotely. See the extras directory for some
sample beanshell scripts.

S.