jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Schuerig <mich...@schuerig.de>
Subject Re: Generating HTTP request params algorithmically?
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:29:22 GMT
On Tuesday 28 September 2004 01:03, Sarone Thach wrote:
> This sounds like a job for __StringFromFile().
> Substitute a parameter in your request with
> ${__StringFromFile(filepath)}

Ah, thanks, I missed that. It's not exactly what I've been looking for,
either. My understanding is that a function is intended to be used to
set a single parameter, whereas I need to set a varying number.

I haven't tried __StringFromFile yet, but I found a way to stuff
multiple parameters into a single line. It then looks like this

Name      Value               Encode? Include Equals?
dummy     x&p=1&p=2&q=5&p=31    []         [X]

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig              The usual excuse for our most unspeakable
mailto:michael@schuerig.de      public acts is that they are necessary.